Friday, July 17, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Pat's soon to be mixer





Well I think not! 
I am going to tear the whole thing apart and build it like McCain shows on his DVD.  I built this because it was the only way I could transfer the differential power up to inside the tub (I had no clue what I was doing.   Just knew that I wanted to mash up paper and someone said "tow mixer"and this is what I visualized).  Right after I built all this framework for the tank to sit on, I found out about this group and all the cool pictures, but it was too late.  So now my mixer has this 4" exhaust pipe that won't exhaust anything, it is over my head to the rim of the tub, and I empty it with a 5 gal. bucket every mix.  So every bucket I climb up on the tire scoop up a bucketfull and take it to the forms for dumping.  My chiropractor loves this project!
Next summer I am going to dissassemble the tank and remove all the frame of the old truck, weld the stinger to the differential housing, add some U channel for the carriage for the tank to sit on, fill the differential with oil so the pinion bearing dosen't fail, and put in and elephand nose exhaust.  That will lower my mixer about 20" and bring it more "down to Earth".  If I spend 2 days doing this conversion I'll be surprised, and then watch out!
Ron


 

Hey Pat, look at Ron's idea for that mixer blade, I think that is what you were thinking about doing to keep your "U" joint seal out of the water and mix. Looks like it bolts to the U joint assembly and all stays out of the water mix there by protecting the gears in the rear end. Good idea Ron!

Darby MT project



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___