Wednesday, July 29, 2009

RE: [papercreters] Driving to Abiququ for PC meet



There is a small airport in Santa Fe but it is expensive to take the hop from Alb. then you still have to drive an hour to get to Abiquiu. Most people just land in Alb and drive up from there. It's just under 2 hrs.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:26:54 -0600
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Driving to Abiququ for PC meet

 
I'm starting to feel lucky that I live "only" six and a half hours away! This afternoon I used Google Earth to generate driving directions, and then "play" the route as a scenic tour. It was interesting but surely did take a long time. And that's at accelerated speed, it will be a long drive in reality.

Is there now an airport in Santa Fe, or is Albuquerque still the closest one?

Spaceman

JUDITH WILLIAMS wrote:
When I lived in central Or I used to drive straight west across the state, down through Idaho, Utah, SW CO, the Four Corners area. It was 24 hrs exact. If I got tired I pulled over in Moab to sleep for an hr or 2. Nice ride.

I guess you'll have to decide if you drive or fly. I'm not sure what I'd do but you have dogs to consider etc. I'm really looking forward to meeting you so hope you make it.

I really can't wait to meet everyone.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: dirtcheapbuilderbooks@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:51:53 -0700
Subject: [papercreters] Driving to Abiququ for PC meet

 
wow.. I just ran a mapquest-- for me it will be 1453 miles, and 22+
hours driving, so 3 8 hour days since I can t drive 12 hours a day
anymore-- 8 is my full limit.

makes flying sound good, and def. will find a dog sitter.

we have no real airline service to anywhere here, so will also check
out flying If I must.

the worst part is driving towards Los Angeles, my most unfavorite city.

I MUST focus on the end reward!

I would consider picking up some one on the way!!! ... I can email
the full route to anyone who is South of me and interested to travel
along, and share gas.

we could meet up at some point, and either I come to you, or you meet
me close to the route at a public place where you can park your car
for a week
( I dont really want to drive 100 miles out of the way to pick up
folks if I dont have to.)

so I am tossing that out as an invite. 101 South from Eureka CA
thru SF, Bakersfield, above LA, Flagstaff across the 1-40 thru AZ
to ALbu. to Judiths

am willing to pick up a 3nd or 4th person at short distance too.

email me if interested, and I will send the route I have
--
Ms. Charmaine Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
Toll Free Order: 1-888-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com www. papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten CA 95534




No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.375 / Virus Database: 270.13.35/2271 - Release Date: 07/29/09 18:07:00




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___