Wednesday, July 22, 2009

[papercreters] Jammed mixer wheel was : Re: Forms



Does your blade spin clockwise or counterclockwise (from above)? In my mixer there is a cone gear that needs to turn counterclockwise or it slips down and jams lower gears. Since my mixer is mounted with one wheel anchored to a large piece of 4x4x1/4 angle iron buried three feet into the ground, when this happened (turning clockwise) it took out a tooth or two on that conical gear and really bumped the anchor. I'm fine as long as I turn counterclockwise.

Spaceman

Ron Richter wrote:


So, one wheel on the towmixer locked up 1/2 way down the driveway on the way back this morning.  I didn't have an answer for that.  I ended putting the truck in 4WD and pulling it to the site to unload as if nothing was the matter. So one wheel was turning, the blad was still blading but I was dragging the locked up wheel which acted like a bull headed for the slaughterhouse.  After emptying the slurry from the mixer it seemed fine again.  Anybody have this happen before?  Is the pinion bearing going bad?  Is a wheel bearing going bad?

I am headed for SLC tonight and will not be back to the project till the weekend, but I will jack up the mixer and see if the wheels turn okay one at a time.  The problem I have is I am working alone and can't sit back there listening to the noises coming from the mixer.

There are 4 or 5 new pictures of the locking wall from this morning.
Ron



How are you going to do without the catch skirts? What size is your lox socket?

Bob

 
No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.392 / Virus Database: 270.13.23/2254 - Release Date: 07/22/09 05:59:00


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___