Tuesday, July 28, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Papercrete Nirvana









From: williams_judith@hotmail.com
To: evelynanne8@gmail.com
Subject: RE: [papercreters] Re: Papercrete Nirvana
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:41:21 -0600

After reading Perry's email about flying I can see that he and I have a lot in common. Anarchists at heart who find it easier to just keep out of the action. I would love to have Perry attend just so I could meet him.

I did go ahead and build my house without a permit and I did get closed down. Since then I have put up a 3 strand barbed wire fence with locks on the gates and no trespassing signs all over it. I am still working on the house.

I have also done the drive from SLO to Santa Fe and find it meditative. So much of the Mojave Desert passing by is mesmerizing. I really enjoy driving like that.

Do your best to make it Perry and if you can't maybe we can meet up at another time.

I am seriously considering a road trip this winter to visit completed papercrete projects, talk to veteran papercreters and new ones as well. I wouldn't be surprised if SLO was one of my stops. I like that town. It's sort of like a better version of Santa Fe near the beach.

The best way to deal with the morons who make the rules in this country is to maintain a high sense of humor. Just picture the feds at the airport as the 3 Stooges.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD

Join me



Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:54:38 -0700
Subject: Fwd: [papercreters] Re: Papercrete Nirvana
From: evelynanne8@gmail.com
To: williams_judith@hotmail.com

Yikes! I'm from the same town as Perry is and am glad that I have a flight, I can not see myself driving all the way to NM with him. As a matter of fact Perry and I have talked about getting together to do some papercrete but he has always dropped the ball and when it came down to it I just did not hear from him, we have never met in person.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Perry Way <perryway@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: Papercrete Nirvana
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com


 

I would love to but I have a couple of things I'd have to work around.  First and foremost thing is travel.  I absolutely refuse to travel by air any longer.  The last time I flew I almost had a heart attack the way they pulled me aside because I didn't act like a sheeple and take my shoes off without any sign or instructions and walking through the metal detector.  Some woman who goes home at night and yaps all in people's faces with the "yo momma" this and "yo daddy" that became my kindergarden teacher and flogged me for being a little kid and not understanding that I must respect the ex-welfare recipients of America and pledge my allegience to their almighty authority as if they invented the whole darn universe.  They had to swab my shoes and put the swabs in some machine that sniffed for explosives, and they would not allow me to touch them when I offered to take them off so they could just put the whole damn shoe in that machine.. that's about the time I thought they were going to shoot me full of holes and let me leak blood all over the floor with little kids watching and all.  All kinds of people in the airport were looking at me like I was a terrorist.  Really?  Really I was just minding my own business in line. I did not see any signs about taking my shoes off, what a silly concept. Who woudl ever want to take their shoes off and put them in the x ray machine? That's just... not American.  Anyway, I'm almost certain I got on some no-fly list somewhere because I didn't mind read them correctly and was figeting in my seat there with everyone looking at me the way they did, and even if I'm not on a no fly list I just plain don't want to fly anymore if I'm expected to yield myself up as if I'm some sort of human chattle.  Why, that's just not not me.  I'm an anarcho-libertarian who knows gosh darn well that I'm a sovereign being created with inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness and while I'm mentioning that, Judith, if I were in your shoes, I would just build my darn house and sit at the front porch with my shottie and a sign out front that reads No Trespassing and if they tried to tell me to tear down that building, I'd take a few with me before I visited the afterlife.  
 
hehehe.  well, maybe that's a bit harsh sounding but gosh darnit, I'm an American!  I'm like a REAL American!  endowed with the real American pride, the real American spirit!  150 years ago I'd be one of those pioneers we read about in our history books that a town was named after or whatnot.  Ingenuitive, intelligent, and not yielding to some dictatorial entities that seem to think I owe them some sort of allegience or servitude.
 
So, that means I'd have to drive... or I'd have to train it out there.  Training is not really any quicker than driving.  And I don't really want to drive by myself.  However, there's someone I believe I read about in this forum that lives in SLO county who might be wanting to go there....  my truck fits plenty of camping gear.. I've got several tents, bags, air mattresses and cots, camp stoves, BBQ's, 5 day coolers (that really are good for 5 whole days and more actually) and a very nice Jose Ramirez guitar for the campfires, oh and I'm owed 80 hours vacation (2 weeks) .. I don't know.. this thing happened so quick with you guys its like you decided to do this thing in two days and then voila it was all setting up to drain and dry hard as a rock...   
When is this conference again?  I would like to meet others with kindred spirits and inventiveness and all that good stuff....
 
 

 





__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___