Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Papercrete Nirvana



Funny you mention that Ron.  I got my solo permit at age 15 or 16 thanks to the Air Explorer Scouts program.  But I didn't pursue flying as a career, even though I sort of thought at 15 that I would be.
 
Actually I don't mind driving to be honest.  I think what Judith said is a fair assessment.  The drive is meditative.  I find it pleasurable.  The only thing I don't want is to overnight in AZ and I'd like to share the fuel cost also.  And both of those sort of preclude sharing the driving with someone else.  Well, I'm simmering this idea around.  We will see .... :)
 
By the way did you go the homebuilt route?  What do you fly?  I trained on Cessnas mainly.  I have most of my hours in a 172 and a 185. 

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Ron Richter <ronerichter@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Whew Perry,
I wouldn't fly either except I can't get to work if I don't fly.  You could easily solve those issues you mentioned if you built your own plane, and then learned to fly it.  Then the only problems you'd have is to understand a newly hired foreign air traffic controller.
That's what I did and neither my wife or my kids, ever regretted being able to go when YOU want to, go where you want and be perfectly safe without taking your shoes off.
Ron





__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___