Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Papercrete can begot papercrete



Hey Bob, that's really cool and you answered a question that I had actually.  I am pretty much set up for my first papercrete project with respect to supplies.  I'm planning to make a papercrete sculpture.  Well, we will see if this is where my idea eventually leads or not, but right now that's my idea I'm hashing out.  I figure if I put one of those super super thin plastic wastebasket liners the kind that would be in offices, I could use it to protect the object that I'd be making a mold of and thereby get the maximum amount of detail in the relief.  When cured, the mold should pop right off.
 
So I'm curious about your project. What was the original object?  A real stone?  And, did you put some kind of protectant on it so it would pop out as well? 
 
Perry
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Bob <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 

As you can see in my new photo post, papercrete can be used as a bold for papercrete. The stone that is laying beside the papercrete mold was poured inside the mold and once dry I droped the mold on it's face side and the stone dropped out. I'll be doing a lot more of these.

1st attempt at papercrete mold

Proof papercrete can begot papercrete

Bob the builder




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___