Tuesday, July 28, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Papercrete can begot papercrete




--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Perry Way <perryway@...> wrote:

 Hey Bob, that's really cool and you answered a question that I had
 actually. I am pretty much set up for my first papercrete project with
 respect to supplies. I'm planning to make a papercrete sculpture. Well, we
 will see if this is where my idea eventually leads or not, but right now
 that's my idea I'm hashing out. I figure if I put one of those super super
 thin plastic wastebasket liners the kind that would be in offices, I could
 use it to protect the object that I'd be making a mold of and thereby get
 the maximum amount of detail in the relief. When cured, the mold should pop
 right off.
 
So I'm curious about your project. What was the original object? A real
 stone? And, did you put some kind of protectant on it so it would pop out
 as well?
 The original object was a man made siding stone, as seen below. I used a mold release agent inside the papercrete mold. When I copied the original I used 10w30 motor oil on the original stone. I did several of them and only one came out, but I think the mold release agent would have worked better.

Original along side copy

Bob
 



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___