Friday, July 17, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Question for the group



Are you thinking of these folks? http://www.earthbagbuilding.com/projects/hart.htm
I didn't immediately see the bit about using those large metal circles for windows- it might be in their video. I remember him saying that after the wall was built with the wagon wheel looking thingholding a space for the "window", they made a ledge of pc to hold the lower edge of the glass, and letting it harden before putting pc around the edge of the glass to hold it on place.
Tina


From: Bob <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 1:52:04 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Question for the group

 


Seems like somewhere on some site I saw someone embed a window into PC.
This wall that I am building should have a window in it, but I hate to
set 2x6 wood bucks and then install a square or rectangle window into
it. I was hoping to design a round PC frame for both sides of the
window, total width would be 6" to fit into the form tight and then
place the square or rectangle window with the PC round opening frame on
to the wall at the heights I want the window and pour around the window
and PC frame. The window is insulated and I can't remember if it is
square or rectangle but it does not have a window frame around it, it is
just a replacement window I guess, can't remember where I came up with
it. But my question is, can this be done without breaking the window
when the PC sets up?

Bob




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___