Wednesday, July 15, 2009

[papercreters] Re: new scientific paper




--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Allan Buch <ab.7470@...> wrote:

 
Have you noticed how little they shrink (page 52), has anybody tried keeping them wet until the have hardened maybe 2 weeks and then dry them?
 
In pouring my T Lox Blox wall I have almost no water escaping from the open bottom forms, if I were wanting to catch water to recycle I would be out of luck, because there is almost none and yet the next morning after I check out the previous night pour it will sustain the weight of a hammer or a drill with no or very little impression left on the block, at which point I remove one side to let a little air circulate, by noon the entire form is removed and by evening you can knock on the block with your knuckles and it sounds solid but it is still damp and will remain so for quite a spell, I don't know how long for sure because I've only been doing it for a week come Friday night.

Bob 



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___