Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Pulp production

With that said . . . if don't have level terrain in which to make a loop with a tow mixer and already have pto power available AND have a good farm salvage yard nearby, I'm guessing the cost is a wash for a pto driven mixer <fingers firmly crossed> 
 
We'll know soon . . . carriage money is (purportedly) on the way, so mixer parts are on the list for things to scavenge from the tractor salvage yard in Albany when I drop the carriage off.  Wahoo!
 
I expect some challenges, but given we can't make a loop with a tow mixer unless I drive Boop girl around and around the yard which would piss Terry off (REALLY hates me driving on the grass), I think a pto driven mixer is a must.  I'm going to try and build it so I can hitch it to the tractor and drive the mixer with the pto.  Hitched to the tractor I can move the mixer anywhere I need it, tilting it by lifting the draw bar to aid in emptying.  All plans subject to change without notice . . .
 
On the plus side, I have now successfully sweated fittings.  The new shower mixer valve is in place and WORKS.  <happy dance>  We again have running water and I'm clean!  Yeah, yeah, TMI.
 
ElfN
----- Original Message -----
From: Janoahsh

 

Thank You Curtis,

I was considering using a 500 gallon tank I have and fabricating a mixer.  Your comment below has made me reconsider.

Janosh

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___