Monday, January 28, 2008

[papercreters] Aircard - was Research queen

We live WAY out in the stix with no cable, ISDN or DSL.  With what I do for a living, dialup isn't an option.  I've got a Sprint broadband wireless card (air card) I switch between my computer and my laptop as needed.  When connected to my computer I have an external antenna plugged into the broadband card.  With my laptop, I don't need an antenna because I use it in town where the signal's nice and strong.  It works off cell towers, so if I have cell tower coverage I have good speed.  I can even take it on vacation.  Works for me.
 
I'm going to do a shameless plug here.  I got my card through 3gstore.com on the recommendation of a friend.  I am VERY glad I went through them.  They found the best service and card for my area, matched the attenna to the broadband card (a problematic process) and generally smoothed the process for me.  Very nice.  And other than the antenna matching, it didn't cost any more than if I'd gone straight to a service provider, assuming I would have known which one has the best coverage in my area.  I consider it money very well spent.  And because I had been running an extra phone line for my computer, I was able to dump the extra line, cancel my ISP and the difference in cost for connectivity is $15/mth.  I think that's an outstanding deal.
 
ElfN
----- Original Message -----


have you considered an air card for your puter so it is
as mobile as you are?

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___