Monday, January 28, 2008

[papercreters] Offtopic plumbing - Help!

I need to marry a tankless heater (Takagi T2) with a recirculation pump (or two) with a solar system with manifolds for everything.  If I start the process of figuring out how to do it now, by the time I need to pull it together I can have all the parts (without having to buy them all at once), sub-assemblies built (yada), and know where I'm going before I start construction so I don't have to deconstruct anything (my goal is to not cut into the PC once it's in place) when it comes time to do the installation.
 
If any of you have comments, suggestions and/or links to diagrams or tutorial or informational sites I would really appreciate them.
 
I need:
    Solar system and plumbing - the wider variety the better so I can pick and choose
        http://www.arttec.net/SolarDHW/index.htm is a good start
    Manifold plumbing and recommendations
    Recirculation plumbing and recommendations
    Any kind of parts list(s)
        mixing valves
        water control valves
        check valves (to prevent reverse siphoning between storage tank and collector)
        temperature guage
        pressure guage
        heat exchanger
        expansion tank
        air vent valve
        solar collector
 
My goal is to have a closed loop solar water heater that will precondition/heat the water going to my tankless heater.  This will be a fronting system for our existing tankless heater.  To keep hot water in the lines so we don't waste water (shallow well filtered into storage tanks to accommodate low flow volume of well) I'll use a recirculating pump. I haven't got my head wrapped around putting it all together . . .
 
I know which hot water circulating pump I need for my app . . . I've at least gotten that far.  I have a fair idea as to the manifold I want to use for hot and cold water disbursement.  I'm stuggling most with the architecture of the system.  I, being me, want it ALL.  <rolls eyes at self>  I need to plan it now so I can make floorplan adjustments to accommodate all the parts.
 
I'm sweating in a new shower control valve today . . . my first.  I've done lots of plumbing and propane piping, but have never done any sweating . . .
 
Thanks.
 
Thanks.
 
ElfN
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___