Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Re: [papercreters] Pulp production

From what I've seen in videos and pictures, you've got a lovely flat place.  I don't.  I'm on a hillside with a flat spot where the house will be and another flat spot where the pumphouse, barn and drive/parking are.  Using the scheme you mention would require an old vehicle . . . and it makes the mixer stationary.  I'm building in three different places in succession, so the ability to move the mixer is a must.  I'm moving from the chicken house to the pumphouse to the people house.  I could conceivably do the pumphouse and chicken house by centralling locating the mixer, but it would put it in the middle of the drive . . . picture Terry not happy.  Picture the propane guy not happy . . . no circular driveway and nowhere to turn around if the weather has been wet.  Not to mention the UPS guy.
 
Having a mixer that works for the location is important.
 
I have a non-operational 2 yard tilt-bed truck with hydraulics.  If I were richer/smarter/knew more (or married to someone with mechanical aptitude) I'd get it repaired (starter solenoid, I think) and mount the mixer on the deck, using the hydraulic pto to run it.  Then I could mix and move and dump without having to pump slurry.  I could use the tractor bucket to load the mixer (bed's about 4' off the ground).  That would rock.  It would be just a bit pricier, but well worth the effort, I think.  I may look at getting it to Gary to fix . . . I'll have to talk to Wad (Terry) about it.  I'm thinking I would be spending most of my time keeping it running rather than mixing papercrete.
 
ElfN
----- Original Message -----
 
Some have made a tow mixer but run it in a stationary mode by attaching it to the axle of an old vehicle that doesn't move. Seems like a good idea to me.
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___