Monday, January 28, 2008

Re: [papercreters] mixers

I turned my F-150 differential counter clockwise 90 deg.

McCain stopped by my last place last month and the first thing he said about my mixer was to get a baffle in as well as a longer blade. Unless you are careful about the tank placement it will likely come out off center. Mine always have. 

One more questions for this thread on mixers. Any good photos of PTO based mixers? I've wrecked my leg by driving a manual truck and holding the clutch partially in for hours a day. It's time to sell my truck and get something with a PTO port for mixing.


On Jan 28, 2008, at 10:43 AM, Nick Boersema wrote:

 
We have not talked mixers for a bit so I will ask some questions that might get things rolling again. 
 
First on my F350 rear end when pulled forward the deferential should be turning counter clockwise if memory serves?
 
Second if I am using a blade much shorter than the dimensions of the tank is there any advantage to offsetting the blade somewhat from the centre of the tank?
 
If so, how much?
 
And should I put any baffles up the opposite side of the tank to increase turbulence?
 
Nick (procrastinator in Ont)


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___