Monday, January 28, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Research queen!? takedown challenge!

Charmaine, don't know if this thought is of any value to you. But if
you're retiring from your online book store because it ties you down
to one spot, have you considered an air card for your puter so it is
as mobile as you are?

Well, they are a pain, slow and won't get signals in many isolated
places, but it does alow you to take your business w/you if you can
grit your teeth and overlook a few inconveniences for the convenience
of mobility.

Just a thought. But can't blame you for wanting to retire and hit
the road.

Connie

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine
<tms@...> wrote:
>
>
> Elf Nori wrote:
> I AM the research queen . . . just ask Nolan and he'll tell you
it's
> true. And I've accumulated a mass of links and articles on
different
> stuff. I hope these few help y'all.
> ++++++++++++++
>
> humph!!! I double dare you to say that again! I am the research
> queen, dowager empress of data, and I have nine- count'em 9--
> information packed resource CDs to prove it! from Adobe to Yurts,
> cement, ferro, rocket stoves, pole & cordwood building, tufastone,
> papercrete, homesteading, solar, Lime & clay, Paracrete, Nuway
> rub-r-slate building..and more planned.-- each with 2,000-4,000
pages
> of information.
>
> SO Elefe babe-- shall we wait til spring and mud wrestle? or see
who
> can toss papercrete blocks the furthest as our challenge?
> the only question is can the Slurry dude risk his skinny neck
to be
> referee??! We can have the hulking Nolan there to separate us if
it
> gets too heated? Maybe this can be a fundraiser for the group
efforts?
> eh? Nolan has hosted an ITSA thin shell cement ferro conference-
> maybe we can have him host a papercrete soiree in Lorane OR again?
>
> (NAW!) I'M JUST KIDDING-- I like Elf Nori big bunches!!--she
can be
> the Queen of [WA?] or wherever she is.. and I will maintain
dominion
> here. I appreciate she offers links, as I do, and any new ones I
see I
> promptly add to my resource list so others can benefit.
>
> SEMI- BIG NEWS
> Actually, ya'll I am planning to retire from my online bookstore
soon,
> and have started a series of Resource Guides on Cd+ Booklets in a
> "Dirtcheapbuilder Series" for newbies and others who are hungry to
> know it all on specific topics.
>
> I have a deal in Beta test with the evil Amazon.com to offer these
> "Sets" on THEIR site, and the first one will be popping up next
> week...
> "Build a Rocket Stove Booklet +Stove&Ovens info CD". This deal
> will allow me to continue to offer good books & info, but they will
do
> the shipping for me, so I can hit the road and come see some
papercrete
> and alt buildings of the many cool people I have "met" over the
last 10
> years online. I am a great advisor, lime plaster flinger, and look
> forward to my new life role as an "itinerant wise woman" wandering
the
> land with my harling trowel, and two shaggy dogs.
>
> Charmaine Taylor Publishing
> Green Building DVDs & Books
> www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
> Tel: 1-707-441-1632 PST Eureka, Calif.
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/