Tuesday, January 29, 2008

[papercreters] Re: mixers

The best bucket holder I've ever seen or used is also the cheapest one
I've ever seen. I learned it from an old timer during a Habitat
project.

This old guy set a bucked down on the unfinished subfloor. Then he dug
up 5 scrap pieces of 2x4. He screwed two of them down around the
bucket at a the East and West compass points. He placed them just
close enough together that you had to kick the side of the bucket to
wedge the bucket between them. A third block got screwed down at the
North compass point.

The South compass point he screwed down about a foot away from the
bucket. Then he took his long (1ft) scrap of 2x4 and used it to wedge
between that far South block and the bucket. You stand on that longer
piece to keep it from vibrating loose while mixing.

Dang if that didn't work really really well. I still use the same
technique today if I'm going to be mixing several buckets.

If it's just one bucket, I still use my feet. WEAR BOOTS!

Watch the old timers, they know every time and labor saving trick that
exists!

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Greg House <ghunicycle@...> wrote:
>
>
> What's a bucket break (brake?)? Where do you get it?
>
> I'm getting plenty tired of having my buckets spinning around while
I'm trying to mix morter.
>
> Greg
>
>


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/