Friday, July 29, 2011

Re: [papercreters] Re: I am having a tow mixer built but



yeah really true.
I have two stick welders, a wire welder, a great set of torches and a Henrob/Cobra torch set.
Don't ask me to weld anything for you though.
I will have a friend here to weld a new hitch on my truck in the morning.
I will not weld anything that goes down the road.
 
Alan

--- On Fri, 7/29/11, lon wells <lononriver@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: lon wells <lononriver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: I am having a tow mixer built but
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, July 29, 2011, 12:04 PM

Don't panic. I know many journeymen welders with a lifetime of experience that
have never owned a welder. They use their employers welder.  The key here is to
look at the weld. (Do a google image search for weld) Is it smooth? Does it flow
into the parent metal. If it is lumpy and has slag in the weld then you can
assume it is a bad weld. Many handymen are good welders. The proof is in the
putting or in the weld. I always hired welders by the quality of their welds,
not in the ownership of a machine or tittle.

                                                                                           
Lon



----- Original Message ----
From: Teresa P <ablueprincess@yahoo.com>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, July 28, 2011 12:03:08 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: I am having a tow mixer built but


Should I have him scrap the whole thing and start over? Is it important the
differential be actually inside the barrel?

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Teresa P" <ablueprincess@...> wrote:
>
>
> Holy Cow Batman!!! He is NOT an "experienced" welder, he is just a handyman
>type guy! This sounds scary! He is using my welder that I recently bought
>because I want to take a class at the college. It is an arc welder and he has
>only used mig in the past but has never owned his own welder, so I dont think
>his welds are going to be super top notch. I will absolutely have him lower the
>blades though TODAY!!
>




------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links





------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
    papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___