Saturday, July 30, 2011

Re: [papercreters] Re: I am having a tow mixer built but



From your description, Spaceman, you are using an impeller type pump.
 
How about the diaphram type trash pumps?
 
I've used them to pump mud with sticks etc. with good results and am looking for a used one for when I build my papercrete mixer.
 
Dan
 
 
 
* voted Obama?
Embarrassed yet? *
----- Original Message -----
From: Spaceman
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: I am having a tow mixer built but

 

My trash rated pump will empty my no-tow 200 gallon mixer in less than five minutes. You are going to get about five cubic feet of product from a drum, which a decent pump will pump in a minute or two. You might want to consider a larger tank since you need to rebuild anyway.

I went too cheap on my pump, about $200, and it clogs easily if the papercrete has anything other than clean paper in it. Get the best you can afford, try for one that will pass debris at least 1.5" in diameter absolute. Watch for deceptive specifications. Mine said it would pass 1.5" particles but the vanes in the pump have 3/4" openings between them. It could pass something 3/4x3/4x1.5" maybe if it was really soft, but certainly not something like a 1.5" sphere of undissolved recycled pc.  I end up tearing my pump down often, a real time waster. If I had it to do again I would come up with the $800 needed for a real pump, it would pay for itself quickly in time and labor savings. You can find a decent pump on ebay for around that if you keep looking. I would make a mount for it right on the mixer.

spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.  
On 7/28/2011 5:53 PM, Teresa P wrote:
I got a 3" gate valve for it today. Im in the market for a trash pump. I was looking at ebay for one, but Im not exactly sure what I should get. I want to slip form though... one of these danged days! Im trying :) Finding the rear end was a real score for me (free! from the same guy that is doing this hack job) One step at a time (and 3 steps backwards) one of these days I will actually make my first batch of PC. Thank you again    


No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1390 / Virus Database: 1518/3793 - Release Date: 07/28/11



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___