Monday, July 25, 2011

[papercreters] Re: Free Camping - Dome building and papercrete

Aparently the muddy road is all clay, no standard roadbase, and then covered with a thin layer of gravel, when it rains the clay loosens up and the gravel sinks, happens all the time I am told.

So I was put off and disullusioned a bit for the moment but intend to make my way back either later this year or early next and I do have a solution.

It is a county road and as such the county has an obligation to make and keep it safe for travel, the county adopted it and gets more property taxes from all the properties that lie along its length, so they do receive a financial incentive.

Now apparently they have not been put on notice by a law firm on behalf of the residents, When I go back out there I will have a legal notice drawn up listing the names of the local residents in a complaint filed by a law firm putting the county on notice about their defective road construction and maintinence and that should an accident occur or a normal 2 wheel drive vehicle get stuck the county will be sued and will pay for the liability.

Apparently no resident has put them on legal notice... My 2000 diesel discovery RV nearly slid off the road several times and it was just pure luck I didnt crash my RV.

I'm sure they will be properly maintaining the road once their liability has been properly explained to them.

After all its all about public safety.

I grew up in the Troy area just 15 miles north of Detroit

George
http://outpostalpha.com


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Alan <rustaholic777@...> wrote:
>
> As I understand it the muddy road is all public road?
> Why not file a complaint?
> They should dump a train load of gravel on the road.
>  
> Where in Michigan did you grow up?
> I am up near Traverse City.
> I have two neighbors here that call the county road commision whenever the road gets a bit ugly and for some reason they come out and fix it promptly.
>  
> Alan in Michigan
>
> --- On Sun, 7/24/11, George <georgeberz@...> wrote:
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/