Sunday, July 24, 2011

[papercreters] Re: Free Camping - Dome building and papercrete

Sorry I guess I thought I updated the group...
.
the area had 45 days of rain which turned the dirt roads into VERY muddy clay, made it 1300+ miles couldnt go the last 5, i literally stuck my pickup truck and several times nearly crashed my rv and pickup in the 1.5 miles I drove on the road.

I grew up in Michigan so well aware how to drive on ice and snow, this sticky mud crap was the worst thing i had ever driven on. I even unloaded my dirt bike to go the last 5 miles but could only go 5 mph because I was sliding out of control all the time, getting in ruts and finally when i got to the last 1/2 mile the turn out to my property, the mud was so bad it was not even passable with the dirt bike. I had to run the engine in 1st gear while walking next to the bike to keep it moving.

the property itself was VERY beautiful, i am very satisfied with my purchase, I just have to get my head wrapped around the mud issue, it rained straight for 45 days and the forecast said 7 more coming with no sun in sight, so rather than sit around for a few weeks potentially doing nothing, me and my oldest son returned home.

perhaps later this year or next spring. the locals that live past me use 4wd quads and horses literally and leave them at the corner and park their 4wd trucks out at the county street.

George
http://outpostalpha.com

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, teri ann tibbetts <tatsass@...> wrote:
>
> hi george...
> just wondering how far along you are in your move
> and starting up with your pc...
> i am traveling up thru montana in aug..
> perhaps i could stop in and help for a few ...Teri Ann
> p.s. i have alot of pc  experience..
>
> --- On Fri, 5/13/11, George <georgeberz@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: George <georgeberz@...>
> Subject: [papercreters] Free Camping - Dome building and papercrete
> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Friday, May 13, 2011, 8:13 PM
>
>
>  
>
>
>
> Finally fed up with California and Im looking forward to building an intentional community of off grid, organic eco friendly lifestyle.
>
> Hello all, I've just closed escrow on a mini 65 acre valley in MT and would like to invite anybody to come up and visit and stay for the summer if you like, camp, RV, trailer etc.
>
> There is a county dirt road and power poles running up the middle of the valley and I own approx 30 acres +/- on each side. I will be bulldozing a trail along the ridgeline north and south of the road to cut in building pads and making an off grid eco friendly development for up to 65 families.
>
> picasa web pictures of the property
> http://bit.ly/georges65acres
>
> google map to the property
> http://bit.ly/geo65googlemap
>
> So if your looking for something to do this summer, want to learn to build monolithic domes and papercrete or just want to hang out and watch your all welcome.
>
> Ive already purchased the land and closed escrow, I'll be driving out there around may 22nd from California, living in my RV there for now while planning and moving forward with development. I have a bobcat, dump trailer and pickup, hopefully all the tools to get things going. oh yeah and a monolithic eco dome shell 24' diam to play with as a mould!
>
> I will be installing a 2 way internet satellite dish that all are welcome to share via wifi so there will be internet avail, looks like a couple ponds in the area just outside my property.
>
> Remember the turtle ends up winning the race... Im not in a big hurry for anything and pretty laid back...
>
> By the way, Ive invited SPACEMAN to come out :) if he can find the time and offer some experience, he knows I have most of the tools and especially a stucco pump/sprayer system that might work out great for papercrete :) crossing fingers to see if he can make it :)
>
> Let me know what you think, wish me luck... feel free to contact me on list with general questions or via email for specific details.
>
> George
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/