Monday, July 13, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Forgot to mention



Thanks for the photos Bob.
    You said "The end pieces can be placed anywhere inside the form to produce any size block you need."  How do you get them to stay where you want? Clamps?  Certainly you don't drill new holes in the metal every time you want to place an end somewhere other than the "real" end. 
    I read this same process but for the life of me I can't see how well it will work for those of us up here in the "not so hot zone".  I have stood on my bricks and squeezed water out of them and they still take 2 weeks to dry.  If I used the same mix to make the T block wall. I would only be able to put a round on about once a week.  My edges are still susceptible to edge crumble up to that point.
    Making some forms out of wood will allow me to try it without the expense of the metal.  I will need a bunch of them because I need to leave the forms on for and hour or so before removal to hold their shape.  The real test will be when I try to put the next row on and have to tamp the T down between the blocks below.  If the whole pour doesn't escape I will be surprised.
  
Ron


>
> I forgot to mention that we use a 30 ton air assisted bottle jack to press with. We wanted a 20 ton bottle jack but Harbor Freight quit handling that size. The air assist bottle jack works like a hydraulic ram.
>



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___