Monday, July 13, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Side Slipforming



Thanks Bob, the link got me there.   : )

I did have to delete the extra "t" from the end and then paste it into the address bar in my browser.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/photos/album/1000048770/pic/list

Those are some really nice forms. They should last a lifetime with a little rust prevention. I guess I missed it when you said how your are going to fill between the blocks, or is that where the T lock comes in?

I made forms from 20 gauge metal studs that were screwed together about eight years ago, and they have served me well over the years. I backed over one set with a van, but a little calibration with a hammer made it work again.

I had looked at your rock blocks earlier, but couldn't remember which album. I have some flat bar lying around, and I think I could cobble together a form similar to yours. I'm going to be needing some pavers for a floor in a couple of domes before long, and this looks like a good solution. I'll probably go with a more geometric pattern since they will be going into a geodesic dome.

Spaceman

Bob wrote:

I'm not that smart, but here is a post to my photo's section also has the rock's I'm making

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/photos/album/1000048770/pic/listt

 


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___