Sunday, July 19, 2009

[papercreters] Re: footing for papercrete blocks




--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "tekeasy" <fkoobideh@...> wrote:

 Question for the experienced,
 
I read that papercrete doesn't weather well next to water; hence its not structurally a sound idea to lay them directly on the ground.
 
So I guess the foundation footing and the first row of blocks would best chosen traditional concrete mix + cinder blocks, then papercrete atop of the first row on up.
 
Is this correct?
That is what everyone sez, that is why my T-Lox Blox will work great, the first two courses of T-Lox Blox would be regular concrete (3 parts gravel 2 parts sand 1 part cement) the following T-Lox Blox would be papercrete or in my case (just came up with the name for my mix after reading a post on this site) Cemcel Adobe  and would lock into the concrete the same way they lock into each other, my mixture is 6 parts wet paper pulp, 4 parts local clay, 1 part sand and 3 parts cement. So far it looks like its going to work great, I have found that even though the very first bottom blocks were completely dry and set when I started pouring the T-Lox above, all the lower blocks take in what little wate there is there by the entire wall is moist and will be until I finish my last pour.

Bob



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___