Sunday, July 19, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Mold




--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "tekeasy" <fkoobideh@...> wrote:

 Hey Bob,
 
Impressive work here, the blocks are uniform size, you added pigments, and floated each pour nice and smooth.  Especially liked the ingenious _T_ configuration.


 I have not added pigments to the pours, it is the native color of our soil here, sometimes it gets even reder.

Question,  Will this be an exterior wall to a living space/workshop?

This wall will be an exterior wall of my living room, the space is now a covered porch (covered by truss rafter from the house out over the porch) I want to include a window into the wall once I get to the proper heights, hoping to place the window glass into the center of the wall forms and pour around it. This is all experimental to me so anybody's guess is as good or better than mine.
 
The other thing I noticed was use of the flagstone mold to lay out a walkway, I thought papercrete doesn't do well exposed to moisture, so I'm wondering how well those walkway flagstones will hold up long term. I'm just curious.

Although I am using the flagstone forms it will not be for a walkway, I intend to apply a metal wire mesh to the side of my house (which is OSB at present) and apply a coat of masonary cement and sand mixture to the mesh, after it dries I will attempt to apply the flagstones and others I am making to the mesh to act as siding.
 

Also, since papercrete is lighter than conventional aggregate mix, is it well suited as walkway pieces?
 

I've been mixing wet paper pulp into my patio pours and so far it seems to work pretty good, saves me at least one bag of quickcrete for every 26"x96" pour.


 Anyway, keep up the good work and please do share more photos with us.
 
-T-
 



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___