Friday, June 27, 2008

[papercreters] Thanks!

Appreciate your replies! I took some measurements & pic's, but
they're pretty depressed-looking to post? ... yeeee.

Overhang is 6" on two sides, others are 8" and 10" (addition).

4" thick walls have older insulation from time of construction (about
1970).

Addition is 12' x 20', ground-level on concrete slab; original is 24'
x 30' (double-wide) without much peak on concrete block foundation.

Electrical doesn't worry me, helps if I stay away from 220 (or is it
240? -- well pump & stove, probably doesn't matter if I know exactly
how much it is if I get zapped). I did some minor kitchen remodeling
& recently repaired the bathroom.

A few reasons for keeping this standing, aside from current financial
situation... New housing for setbacks would be 25', this one is about
10', and would require septic inspection along with permits. New unit
would increase property taxes, and I'd rather use future monies
traveling south in the winter than paying to maintain a fine dwelling.

I'm all for alternatives, and learned about concrete some years back,
when I stirred it up in a 5-gallon bucket, literally by hand (gloves
leaked?)- don't recommend it. I really appreciate this site, and the
folks both willing to explore alternatives and share their
experiences. I'll gather information on this, and morph it into
what's best suited for my needs.

Appreciate all the feedback! Like most things in life, seems there is
no real 'right way', but a lot of choices to consider.

Thanks - elaine



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/