Saturday, June 28, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Restoration using papercrete -new member

Hello Harold,

Welcome to the group.

Congratulations on your property purchase.

I do not know of anyone that has done exactly what you are
describing, but there have been several instances of people
insulating an existing structure with papercrete. That can work very
well.

Pictures of the existing structure would be very helpful in
stimulating this group with ideas about your project.

I would guess that the closest anyone has come to your project is
Robert Merrill's Retrofit project. See his photo album for details
and search the old messages. Robert has discussed it previously.
I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions also.

I hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------
bbutch2000 wrote:
To all:

I am new to this group and joined because I am building new house and
want to save resources and money. I am a retired engineer (IE) and
live in Oklahoma and I have been the owner builder of 2 houses.

I bought a lot with an old house on it and want to use to build the
new house on, but first I must do something with the old house. It
has a cracked slab foundation and the wall are tilting in. I want to
convert it to a work shop, but have to do something with the walls.
My thinking is to double wall it using what ever works, like maybe
some form of papercrete. Then I could add 2-3 of concrete to the
slab and I would have well insulated work shop. The roof is in good
shape.

Has anyone done this with success?

Thanks

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/