Thursday, June 26, 2008

Re: [papercreters] having a research study on PAPERCRETE


   Interesting question. I haven't seen much testing of papercrete except as a masonry type material. Wood is tested the way it is due to being used more often with fasteners. The wide variety of results by wood species does mimic papercrete's variability a bit.  Most people seem to relate to papercrete as a cement or adobe block material. It's being pressed into forms that are fastened together with goo most times, like mortar. The lack of standardized forms might subject papercrete to more tests in future, given that it's such a slumpy/plastic material. No reason not to reinforce it like concrete. I can see adding enough cementitious material that it could be a sort of hardboard type product someday.

   For outdoor constructions, I could see a future papercrete needing to prove itself like composite lumber.

    Papercrete countertops are a fascinating idea already, I wonder how well it would hold up a stone sink?

      There aren't a lot of definitive answers to technical standard type questions. Papercrete is still more of an idea than a specific product.




On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 11:52 AM, jenabenojar <jenabenojar@gmail.com> wrote:

hi guys. . . i'm jen and i'm from the philippines
I am a student and currently having a research study on papercrete or
fibercement

this is really something new to me and never heard of it

I've been browsing the net, the library and other resources to gather
information and so I have found this e-groups with members having the
experience of using and building their projects with papercrete

I am hoping that I could ask some help here while doing the research.
I'm online everynight (I mostly stayed up from 11 pm until 3 or 5 am)
and was wondering if I could have some few chats regarding this matter.

Though I'd still be visiting the group to post the progress of my
research and some questions....

-------------HERE ARE SOME OF MY QUESTIONS:
Is the test for wood the same with that of a papercrete?
Can papercrete be compared to wood products?
(If not, how do the testing differ?)

What mixture for a papercrete that is water resistant and highly
insulative?

thanks for you support. . . .til' then

NOTE: my questions are also subjected for testing,
to some i might have idea of an answer, but it would be
helpful to have your comments and discussions on this matter

again thank you. . .


__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___