Wednesday, June 25, 2008

[papercreters] Restoration using papercrete -new member

To all:

I am new to this group and joined because I am building new house and want to save resources and money. I am a retired engineer (IE) and live in Oklahoma and I have been the owner builder of 2 houses.

 I bought a lot with an old house on it and want to use to build the new house on, but first I must do something with the old house.  It has a cracked slab foundation and the wall are tilting in.  I want to convert it to a work shop, but have to do something with the walls.  My thinking is to double wall it using what ever works, like maybe some form of papercrete.  Then I could add 2-3 of concrete to the slab and I would have well insulated work shop.  The roof is in good shape.

Has anyone done this with success?

Thanks

Hal



__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___