Sunday, June 29, 2008

[papercreters] PowerPozz

I had a brief chat with Ken McPhalen of PowerPozz.  It turns out the company is in my state, though production isn't.
 
For anyone interested in trying PowerPozz, here's what he had to say.
 
"The minimum quantity we sell is a 1/2 pallet (24x40lb bags). This would come from our plant in Aiken, SC. The base price is $500.00 per ton plus a $36.00 per ton Energy Surcharge plus whatever the freight cost would be (I would guess about $300.00). The other alternative is to purchase by the bag through www.concretedepot.com. They buy our material by the pallet and re-sell by the bag. Certainly more expensive, but if you don't need large quantities it is a good way to go."
 
For the math challenged, that's 960 pounds at $240.98 plus $17.28 energy surcharge plus shipping.  That's $558.26 (remember, shipping is estimated to Washington State) which breaks out to ~$23.26 a bag.
 
Please feel free to check my math.  I didn't, I just ran the number with no checking.
 
The Concrete Depot link above brings up a test page with a simple counter.  I was on the site yesterday, so I know you can get there . . . try this link.
 
 
Concrete Depot has a 14 lb bucket ($14.08), 40 lb bags ($54.25) and 2000 lb super sacks (no price given).  Ken didn't mention super sacks as I was only interested in a small quantity.  If one of you is interested in a super sack, please contact Ken directly. KenMc@metakaolin.com
 
Hope this all helps.
 
ElfN
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___