Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Forms



I didn't mean no skirt.  What I should have said is while still leveling the top course I had to jury rig some sections of the wall with ADDITIONAL skirt to keep the slurry from falling through the cracks. 

Yesterday I must have had a brain fart when measuring the weight of the paper.  I ended up having to add water (with a corresponding addition of cement) to the towmixer twice to get it mixed up well.  So when it was done, the mixer was so full some was running out the top.  It took me till 10:00 last night to get it all laid.  I only have 5 - 33" long forms and 3 or 4 assorted shorter ones, which would be enough for a regular load.  But here is where the beauty of this method shone through.  When I had all the forms filled, I just took the first one filled off and moved it to another spot and filled it.  I did this until all the slurry was used.

This AM I had to run to town, so I got up early and mixed a batch and filled the forms so I wouldn't waste the drying potential of a 100 degree day.  It worked great!  This is day 3 of laying fresh on top of really really green wall section.  No deformation, and the walls are getting truer and more level as I go.  You can eyeball the wall and see where little adjustments can make it straighter and more level.  If one section is high you just push the form down into the soft wall section below it,  if it is off line just nudge it over into a straight line. 

So, one wheel on the towmixer locked up 1/2 way down the driveway on the way back this morning.  I didn't have an answer for that.  I ended putting the truck in 4WD and pulling it to the site to unload as if nothing was the matter. So one wheel was turning, the blad was still blading but I was dragging the locked up wheel which acted like a bull headed for the slaughterhouse.  After emptying the slurry from the mixer it seemed fine again.  Anybody have this happen before?  Is the pinion bearing going bad?  Is a wheel bearing going bad?

I am headed for SLC tonight and will not be back to the project till the weekend, but I will jack up the mixer and see if the wheels turn okay one at a time.  The problem I have is I am working alone and can't sit back there listening to the noises coming from the mixer.

There are 4 or 5 new pictures of the locking wall from this morning.
Ron



How are you going to do without the catch skirts? What size is your lox socket?

Bob



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___