Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Forms



Actually all the form ends, and skirts are screwed on.  If you saw nails that was the one long form I jury rigged to try and level the wall from last summers brick sections.  They were fairly straight but ended up 1/2 a brick off level here a whole brick off level there etc. 

The forms came off fine.  There was at least 1/4" shrinkage gap all the way around and I just lifted them straight up.  As I get the wall filled out to its proper thickness I will not have to mess around with putting temporary catch skirts.

I took some more pictures this AM and had the wife video but haven't looked at any of it yet.  I have a batch in the mixer, am ready to tow it and go for the next pour.  The underlying layer is really really wet so we will see what happens.

As the wall gets to eye level I see a trash pump in my future.  Either that or I find some young folks who want to accentuate their lattisimus dorsi, trapezius, deltoid, bicep , tricep and other muscle groups.
Ron


From: Bob <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:10:58 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Forms

 

Its a lot  easier that way and they can dry in the wall and probably a whole lot faster because the wall under the lox will suck the water out of the top layer. I notice you nailed the ends on, hope you can left the forms off. I usually take one side off and pull mine off from the other side because of the depth screws, you don't have depth screws so you may not have a problem.

Bob
--- In papercreters@ yahoogroups. com, Ron Richter <ronerichter@ ...> wrote:

 Got the first set of T Lox Blox used today. Everything went as advertised and they really seem to do the trick. We'll see how they do tomorrow after I pull the forms off. Seems way simpler than making bricks and waiting and waiting for them to dry. See my photos from today.
 Ron



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___