Friday, July 17, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Question for the group



What's wrong with ordering up a vinyl window?  I used to work for a window and door manufacturer (I'm in IT/Software, not machinery or manufacturing).  Actually they are one of the leaders in the trade.  You could order a vinyl window minus the cladding, embed the grooved area that is normally right under the flashing and nailed into place in a stick built home, and instead of vinyl cladding, papercrete over it as desired for your smoothed out look you might be looking for.  The end result will be exact, and you will greatly reduce the risk of handling and setting the window into place.  Those double and tripple paned glass units are very flimsy apart from the frame.  You would be surprized.  And if you order the window straight from the manufacturer's rep or distributor you will get a window at the kind of price that would make you wonder why you even thought about doign it on the cheep.  Ordering the glass units alone will cost you more than the whole window because there are only two manufacturers of the glass units in the country (that I know about, and maybe only one by now) and they do not take orders from small Joe's.  They only take orders from large window companies like the one I worked for.  My opinion is you're best off price wise with Windsor Windows and Doors.  There is no difference between them and Pella in terms of quality.  Remember the glass comes from the same manufacturer.  Anyway, have a look at their site. There is a dealer locater page in case you want to order up some.
 
 


 
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Bob <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 


Seems like somewhere on some site I saw someone embed a window into PC.
This wall that I am building should have a window in it, but I hate to
set 2x6 wood bucks and then install a square or rectangle window into
it. I was hoping to design a round PC frame for both sides of the
window, total width would be 6" to fit into the form tight and then
place the square or rectangle window with the PC round opening frame on
to the wall at the heights I want the window and pour around the window
and PC frame. The window is insulated and I can't remember if it is
square or rectangle but it does not have a window frame around it, it is
just a replacement window I guess, can't remember where I came up with
it. But my question is, can this be done without breaking the window
when the PC sets up?

Bob




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___