Sunday, July 12, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Forgot to mention



Bob,
How is the press progressing?  I am slowly working on the auger idea.  I am a traditional archery bowyer and I have had some bows to make this summer (much to my papercrete projects dismay). 

One question I had was the length of time the pressure has to remain on the mix to allow the water to leave.  I mean, it surely can't all escape momentarily, so the pressure must be maintained over at least 10 seconds or longer to effectively void the water.  Is this correct?  I am trying to figure out how fast the auger should turn and how long the slurry will remain in a constricted state at that speed.

Ron



From: Bob <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net>
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 6:23:53 PM
Subject: [papercreters] Forgot to mention

I forgot to mention that we use a 30 ton air assisted bottle jack to press with. We wanted a 20 ton bottle jack but Harbor Freight quit handling that size. The air assist bottle jack works like a hydraulic ram.



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___