Saturday, November 24, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Changing horses in mid stream



Well Alan in Michigan, I make lots of 3D photos since that is a hobby of mine. As I said, this one is several years old and as I was posting the link to the video it was the only one I could quickly find of this widow maker. It gives enough detail that most people would not complain. I have no idea how many people own 3D glasses. Survey so far says 100%  :)

Please trim your replies. There is no need to resend the image. Because of the nature of papercrete we have members who live way out of town with really slow connections.

Other than that, what did you think of the video and the mixer? Did you enjoy seeing the photo in 3D with all the extra detail?

spaceman

On 11/24/2012 5:41 PM, Alan wrote:
Hey Spaceman,
Please tell me just why you would make a 3-D picture like that.
Yes, I do happen to have a dollar store pair of 3-D glasses but just how many other people do?
 
Alan in Michigan

--- On Sat, 11/24/12, spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:

From: spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net>
Subject: [papercreters] Changing horses in mid stream
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, November 24, 2012, 4:23 PM



I finally set the scissors mixer aside for now, until I get a better power source. A 1/3hp dryer motor is too small, my 1hp motor has issues. I no longer have the old step side pickup to use with a driveshaft. I am considering a motorcycle engine I have, or a 6hp gasoline engine that Harbor Freight has on sale for a bit more than $100. Meanwhile I need to get some production done, this nice mid 70's weather isn't going to last long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4i4Kq5URM&feature=youtu.be shows the revived barrel mixer that I built about ten years ago. It never got used much, because the tow mixer was so much more productive. At the moment I don't have a tow for that mixer and my choices are this barrel mixer or my power spray washer which is such a mess to use. This barrel mixer isn't the fastest mixer, but I can fill it and go for coffee while it mixes. At least it doesn't throw stuff in my face like the spray washer does :)  The attached photo is several years old and you really need red/blue 3D glasses to see it properly. The video is "normal" :)

spaceman




No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2793 / Virus Database: 2629/5908 - Release Date: 11/20/12




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___