Thursday, November 8, 2012

RE: [papercreters] Re: Reciprocal Roofs- 16 sided house



Don't give up Jay. We appreciate your effort even when it falls a little short. And obscure references that make us think are good exercise.



Follow progress on the new project on my papercrete Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Papercrete/390380804327169

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: slurryguy@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 14:47:08 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Reciprocal Roofs- 16 sided house

 
No need to apologize.

The fact that my joke was lame is my fault, not yours.

It seemed funny to me when I first typed it, but it was clearly too obscure, and even if someone remembered who the character was and the significance of the whitewashing, it still was pretty lame.

Not all my jokes are home runs. Far too many of mine are missed bunts with 2 strikes.
Doesn't stop me from stepping back up the the plate to try again, though.

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Garth & Kim Travis <gartht@...> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
> Sorry, it has been a long time since I read the book. I didn't get the
> reference. Names are a thing I tend to have a mental block against.
>
> Bright Blessings,
> Garth & Kim Travis
> www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
> Bedias, Texas
>
> On 11/8/2012 8:24 AM, JayH wrote:
> > I was attempting to make a joke recalling the following scene from the book.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xZm2UOam74
> >
> > "Building with papercrete is more fun than playing and tastes better
> > than an apple."
> >




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___