Thursday, November 8, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Re: Spacesman's version of McCain Scissor mixer & Foam Grinder



I do not have a hole hawg. My large Milwaukee drill was stolen along with most of my tools a couple of years back.

I think I'm much better off with a real 1hp motor, rated for continuous use. Using a drill would not give me any useful information. Since the 1/3 hp dryer motor worked OK once I got a decent pulley, I'm confident that the 1 hp motor will do the job. I already know that the scissors blades will do the job - IF I keep lumps out of the mix, no phone books or magazines like the tow mixer doesn't even notice.

I should be testing with the newly rebuilt 1hp motor this afternoon. I'll post a link to a video later if things go well.  I imagine some technique will have to be developed to feed at the right rate.



On 11/2/2012 5:07 AM, JayH wrote:
Spaceman?  Do you have a HoleHawg Drill?  Off the top of my head, I think those drills are rated in the neighborhood of 1hp ±.  (for intermittent use.)    I realize that you probably don't want to dedicate your drill to this mixer and burn it up running it for extended periods on heavy loads.  However, you should easily be able to conduct some enlightening tests using a HoldHawg as an approximate 1hp powersource.  It looks like you should be able to simply tighten the chuck of your drill directly to the blade shaft.      Performing that test might be very educational to see if it is worth the effort to keep trying to use your 1hp motor.



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___