Saturday, November 24, 2012

[papercreters] Changing horses in mid stream



I finally set the scissors mixer aside for now, until I get a better power source. A 1/3hp dryer motor is too small, my 1hp motor has issues. I no longer have the old step side pickup to use with a driveshaft. I am considering a motorcycle engine I have, or a 6hp gasoline engine that Harbor Freight has on sale for a bit more than $100. Meanwhile I need to get some production done, this nice mid 70's weather isn't going to last long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4i4Kq5URM&feature=youtu.be shows the revived barrel mixer that I built about ten years ago. It never got used much, because the tow mixer was so much more productive. At the moment I don't have a tow for that mixer and my choices are this barrel mixer or my power spray washer which is such a mess to use. This barrel mixer isn't the fastest mixer, but I can fill it and go for coffee while it mixes. At least it doesn't throw stuff in my face like the spray washer does :)  The attached photo is several years old and you really need red/blue 3D glasses to see it properly. The video is "normal" :)

spaceman




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___