Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Re: More beerpercrete - progress report



16# of paper, 8# of portland cement, ?# of retained water, ?# 24 stout bottles. I haven't picked one up yet but I did turn two of them over yesterday. The older one (by a day) didn't seem heavy for its size, subjectively speaking. It was still fairly wet and if I had to guess I would say 40# that will get lighter as it drys. Tomorrow I'll be slinging slurry again and I'll turn the other three over. The smaller ones were set enough to carry around yesterday though they are still fragile. Considering that they were coated with ice two days ago they are doing well.

My scale got left out in the rain and blowing sand a few years ago so I need to get a new one. Until that happens I'll just have to guesstimate.

As I expected the bottles slid right out of the small triangle even though I had compressed the pc into the mold. These have been turned and had been sitting overnight when the photo was taken, so the sand is starting to dry and will fall off in another day or so. These are for a small dog dome. The bottle visible on the larger triangle appears to protrude but it actually does not, there is a little pc missing above it so it makes an optical illusion in this photo. When I sight along the surface the bottle is not visible. I think this one will fall out during handling. This is the worst place, and I'm not unhappy. The other triangles look even better.



On 2/14/2012 10:48 AM, Rusty S wrote:

 I would like to see the end product on these. Weight?   Rusty     ------------------------------------  Yahoo! Groups Links  <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/  <*> Your email settings:     Individual Email | Traditional  <*> To change settings online go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join     (Yahoo! ID required)  <*> To change settings via email:     papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com      papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com  <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:     papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com  <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/    ----- No virus found in this message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2112/4809 - Release Date: 02/14/12   


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___