Saturday, February 25, 2012

[papercreters] Spraying mixes for wet/dry continental extreme climates

Hello!

I am in need of a siding solution, and think spraying papercrete, or other stucco is a great way to go, on first glance. I'm rehabbing an abandoned house and parts of the vinyl siding are gone, with only plywood or the original (100 year old) tounge-in-groove wood siding remaining. I do live in a wet / dry seasonal climate, and I understand, after reviewing posts here, that some have had success w/ papercrete stucco. I'd love a good recipe for spraying mixes for wet/dry continental extreme climates. I figure I can spray more layers to get the outer surface of the house even.

If there any new developments or tips you want to share, I'd be most grateful. If I rent a sprayer, will they get upset at paper-mix use? Will it stick to vinyl, or do I need to affix metal mesh or something like that? I don't want to take off the vinyl, as the existing insulation is blown into it, and the wood siding underneath is very old.

Thanks for any advice!

Saralin

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/