Thursday, February 16, 2012

[papercreters] Mo Progress

Three days ago I had mixed a batch of pulp but did not have time to use it, so did not add cement. The next day I had to be away, and yesterday I had plumbing issues to deal with, so today I finished that and got back to the pulp. I added water and towed it around a bit to soften it up since it had gotten pretty firm in three days sitting in the leaky mixer. Then I added a sack of cement and towed a bit more to mix that. A tow mixer with recycled paper is a lot cheaper than using cellulose insulation btw.

One tow mixer made six of the triangles, and with the ones I had done before that's twelve of the thirty I need in this size. The other size is larger so I will get maybe four per mixer load, and I need 75 of them. Another 25 mixer loads should finish this dome.



I only used bottles in one of these today, and things went a lot faster. With bottles in all of them I might have gotten another panel from the load.



My puppy left some paw prints for me. I have quite a few paw prints in papercrete around here, from more than one dog : )