Monday, February 20, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Re: Where can I find building codes partaining to PC, & in Texas?





That might seem silly but it is pretty accurate. Your options are, basically, you can find an area with no rules or try to build quietly and not attract bureaucratic attention or price yourself out of the feasibility of using PC. We're in WV (not Texas) and there are no rules. You can build and live in whatever you want but... you can't insure it unless it follows all the conventional guidelines. Just so you know that those codes aren't the only means of pressuring you into main stream construction. Lots of research, for sure. There are people on this list who are in TX and built a lot more than I have and have probably already researched those questions.
Clarissa
Peace and Harmony or Else



--- On Mon, 2/20/12, waterengineman101 <shanerileyservices@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: waterengineman101 <shanerileyservices@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Where can I find building codes partaining to PC, & in Texas?
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, February 20, 2012, 5:52 AM

 


Just do it and slide by? Are you kidding me? I'm not about to spend my hard earned money on build a real house and then just hope the city or county code people don't find out about it and make me tear it down. That's reall "silly" thinking there bud. I guess an engineer is going to be needed. Depending on what one would charge, that might make it more expensive to build a papercrete house as oppossed to a regular stick & frame house. I guess I have a lot to look into. Anybody else out there have any ideas about codes in texas?



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___