Monday, February 6, 2012

Re: [papercreters] making a garden wall with papercrete



In addition to Judith's thoughts and experience, I'll put out there this fella's book: http://www.cheapasscurmudgeon.com/
As with so many other things, we learned a lot reading it, but since we still live in town on a tiny lot and are trying to sell, things have to look nice all the dang time, so no experimenting for us. But we like his ideas very much.

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 3:45 PM, gerronsh <ghite734@gmail.com> wrote:
 

I was wonder any of you have made a garden wall with papercrete? Will be approximately 18 inch wide and six feet tall. I have made papercrete bricks to learn the process. If I made it with bricks will have to go back and put on a stucco coat because I want that smooth appearance. I was wondering about using a cob approach with papercrete? I will be capping it with clay tiles so should protect the wall if we ever get out of the present drought in Texas! 50 years ago I made adobe bricks from scratch and don't want to going that route. Just too heavy to deal with even as a teenager.




--
Keep up with our progress on the CaƱon City homestead by subscribing to my blog-
http://polishingthedoublewideturd.blogspot.com/   

"My daily affairs are quite ordinary;
but I'm in total harmony with them,
I don't hold on to anything, don't reject anything;
nowhere an obstacle or conflict.
Who cares about wealth and honor?
Even the poorest thing shines.
My miraculous power and spiritual activity:
drawing water and carrying wood."
— Layman P'ang (c. 740 – 808 C.E.)




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___