Monday, February 6, 2012

RE: [papercreters] making a garden wall with papercrete



Just a couple of suggestions for your garden  wall. First, I would say use a rubble trench foundation to keep the papercrete up out of the water. And I would probably do the modified slip form method. Set up forms with 2x4s and plywood and fill them with slurry with blocks embedded. If you made the forms from one piece of plywood (cut to 6 feet) and set it up in 4 foot sections you would end up with a smooth surface. Aso if you do one straight continuous wall you will have to prop it up with buttresses but I am assuming you will be doing a rectangle. A few years ago I took some leftover blocks and stacked them to make a small wall around my tomato plants. It has held up just fine.



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: ghite734@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 22:45:13 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] making a garden wall with papercrete

 
I was wonder any of you have made a garden wall with papercrete? Will be approximately 18 inch wide and six feet tall. I have made papercrete bricks to learn the process. If I made it with bricks will have to go back and put on a stucco coat because I want that smooth appearance. I was wondering about using a cob approach with papercrete? I will be capping it with clay tiles so should protect the wall if we ever get out of the present drought in Texas! 50 years ago I made adobe bricks from scratch and don't want to going that route. Just too heavy to deal with even as a teenager.
Look forward to hearing your comments.
Gerron at the Chicken Farm Art Center in San Angelo.




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___