Tuesday, July 7, 2009

RE: [papercreters] Re: more and more papercrete experiments



Trust me, it won't stick. You are right about using papercrete for a light weight product. That's what got me started with it.

I poured a new mix this weekend. I doubled the amount of pumice and it came out great. Very light even after only 2 days of drying. I am about to switch from pumice to perlite. I know a lot of people don't have access to these things but I think perlite is found in more areas. I looked it up on google and found some near me in southern CO.

Why not cut your pvc into short lengths and put then vertically in the form where you want a hole? After the mix sets up a bit you can just pull them out (up) and put them into the next form.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: katsniptoys@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 17:29:28 +0000
Subject: [papercreters] Re: more and more papercrete experiments



I want to use the rebar to stack the "logs" and anchor them into the soil below. The reason I would use some form of papercrete would be to make them a manageable weight. I am not worried about the pressure behind them too much. I would use landscape timbers with the same method except I may want to garden in the area and I prefer not to use treated wood. I also want to play with the mix. As far as the forms go I am thinking about running the pipes through the forms from back to front and trust the somewhat runny consistency of the mix to fill in around and under the voided areas.
I may try to used cooking oil trick just to make sure nothing sticks.
thanks,
kat
>
>
> My experience is that papercrete will not stick to plastic pipes. Can you explain in more detail what you want to do?
>
> Sincerely, Judith
>




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___