Friday, July 10, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Heat curing papercrete appears to improve tensile strength.



Tried this and fellow is right about his size of forms, I tried some 6"X12"X24" and they are WAY to big. Mix is a little tricky to get right, too wet is NOT good and too dry is harder to mix by hand.

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, canineaficionado <canineaficionado@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: canineaficionado <canineaficionado@yahoo.com>
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Heat curing papercrete appears to improve tensile strength.
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 3:02 PM

---
>
> I really think that pressing them is the quick way to go if you want to
> start laying right away. The out put is a lot less that the super wet
> slurry but the working time is considerably less, even if they are not
> completely dry, in two days you can handle them and probably lay them
> and they can dry in the wall.

Just wanted to share this link because of the above reference to "laying right away". I bought an eBook the other day that contained only one real groundbreaking hint (in my mind and experience), but holy cow, what a hint. It is so simple that I hit my forehead and said, "Why didn't I think of that?" But I was happy to pay the guy his $20. It's good to support our fellow DIYers.

I don't feel like I can give away this fella's intellectual property, so all I can in good conscience do is say that if you've got $20 to spare, and your plan is to pour blocks, dry them and lay them, this is worth the dough. Particularly since most of us are not spring chickens any more. This is not relevant to slipforming or something like spaceman's geodesic triangles.

I asked slurryguy (aka The Caped Fish Scaler) if it was OK to put this up because it smacks of advertising, but I am so grateful to this guy for having come up with this that I thought other people would be, too. This really only benefits folks who are pouring blocks, drying them and then laying them.

http://www.cheapass curmudgeon. com/dirt. html

Tina in Colorado




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___