Tuesday, July 14, 2009

[papercreters] Skirts installed photo



I got two forms set with skirts installed, as seen in my photo section. I decided to make the skirts the full 30" length to compensate for a shrinkage issue of the center block and some shrinkage on the last block poured, the first block I poured did not shrink at all.

My mix is the problem. I came up with another new formula last night and pourd the block and T lock closest to the brick wall. I looked at it this morning and there has been some shrinkage but it is quite solid and has a nice shiney finish as did the very first block I poured not knowing the exact formula of the paper/mud mix of that first block.

I dreamed about the concept last night and this morning I thought "I could have put a skirt on both sides ,any lenght, say 10' long and just installed the forms on top of the skirt where ever the T lock needs to be next." The extra length of the skirt would compensate for the issue of "leveling each T lock form", once the skirts were level and leveled, all the T lock forms on top where ever they may be, would also be level.  DUUUUHHHH!   After using the 30" skirts I may not ever use the 12"  ones that I thought would be big enough to cover the 6"x6" T lock opening.

Just food for thought while I have my coffee.

Bob



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___