Friday, July 17, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Structural Insulated Panels

Hay I'm just wondering what the outcome of this experiment was?

Did you build the panels like you described you would?

How did it turn out?

-T-

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <criswells.ok@...> wrote:
>
>
> I can not answer that question at the present time as I have not tried
> the steam as of yet, I'm only guessing at this point about what my
> actual formula will be. I was using the 50/50 ratio idea because of no
> water in the mix, other than about a gallon or less of steam to activate
> the cement and hopefully the paper pulp will take up some of the steam
> as well. It would be nice if a 20/80 could be reached using steam. I.ve
> been thinking about the best way to add the cement to the paper pulp and
> have decided that when the insulation machine is churning up the pulp
> and sucking it down to the blower area, I think that would be the time
> to add the cement, that way it would get into every stream of paper pulp
> and the steam could be added much the same way Dave's stucco gun works,
> where he is adding air to the wet paper pulp I would be adding steam to
> the mixture of dry paper pulp and cement.
>
> Bob
>
>
> In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Michele Marcell <michele_marcell@>
> wrote:
>
> I have noticed that everyone seems to be using a pretty large ratio of
> paper to concrete. I have been making mixes using less than 20 % of
> concrete for my house and they dry as hard as bags using a lot more. Is
> 50/50 some sort of standard?
> Michele
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/