Tuesday, July 14, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Skirts installed photo




--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Ron Richter <ronerichter@...> wrote:

Bob,
Thanks for the photos. It looks much easier to control the width, depth and "plumbness" of the wall all at once. Where did you find the iron for the forms, or what is it actually called. It looks like it is not too heavy a gauge.

The iron is 22 gauge Red Iron C purlin, I get it at my local lumber yard, not all lumber yards carry this item, Lowe's and Home Depot do not.
I know you are just getting started on the next tier, but keep us posted on how long you really need to wait to allow the second row of blocks to be laid on the first. I can't imagine them being strong enough for a couple of days, but then again maybe your skirt will hold all of it in long enough to retain its shape in a half a day.

I'm taking the forms off the next morning to let the block air dry a little, I really believe I could apply the next row of forms on top of it right away. I have a full time job else where and I'm just messing around in the evenings and weekends for now.
Would this technique keep a crew of visiting onlookers busy all day or would there be some down time due to waiting for things to cure? (nap, mint julep, cool off in the pond) Would it depend on how many forms you have ready to go?

I believe if you were going to do a 220 foot exterior wall and you were to use 25' skirts  ver's 12" or 30" (I say 25' because that is the length of the Red Iron C Purlin.) I would think you could keep a three man crew hooked up pretty steady if you use the right amount of cement and clay.

Look at my new photo's I just posted of the first actual T lock block. I think I will call them "T-Lox-Blox"

Bob
 



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___