Monday, July 13, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Side Slipforming




  
You said "I can even imagine using clear or black plastic and creating a very long "pup tent" like structure that might act like a solar greenhouse." In an earlier post I mentioned I was making mini-greenhouses for my garden, and I stole one to try and get my blocks dried faster. IT DOSEN"T WORK. Yes, it gets hotter than ambient, yes, it holds the heat of the day longer than ambient, but the water coming off the blocks condenses on the inner surface and drips right back to the blocks or down the plastic to add to the humidity. I even tried opening up the ends to allow the moisture to escape but it didn't change much. 
Thanks for sharing!
 Ron

It wasn't me that said that, it was a quote from slurryguy post #6480. It was some of the idea's he brought out in that post that got me thinking outside the box. I like things simple, the simpler the better. I love the fact these forms require so little effort to produce.

  1. Total six piece's 2x6 red iron
  2. Total 8 wood screws, 8 metal screws
  3. Up to 4 clamps per form for the skirt, completely changeable as to location.

Most of the time the skirt will be a 12" long piece of 2x6 red iron placed dead center of the 12x24 form to cover the 6"x6" lock section. But I can for see that the lock section can be larger or smaller than 6" due to the nature of the wall. Like on my next course one of my locks will be 12" another will be about 9". Makes no difference, this is (quote slurry guy again) " Not Rocket Science" and if the forms are so forgiving take advantage of it, don't fight them.

Bob



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___