Tuesday, July 7, 2009

[papercreters] Re: more and more papercrete experiments

I want to use the rebar to stack the "logs" and anchor them into the soil below. The reason I would use some form of papercrete would be to make them a manageable weight. I am not worried about the pressure behind them too much. I would use landscape timbers with the same method except I may want to garden in the area and I prefer not to use treated wood. I also want to play with the mix. As far as the forms go I am thinking about running the pipes through the forms from back to front and trust the somewhat runny consistency of the mix to fill in around and under the voided areas.
I may try to used cooking oil trick just to make sure nothing sticks.
thanks,
kat
>
>
> My experience is that papercrete will not stick to plastic pipes. Can you explain in more detail what you want to do?
>
> Sincerely, Judith
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/